KISS Your Website!
Many web developers today are starting to KISS their website, and it shows!
No, I don't mean they get hot and heavy with the monitor, I mean they apply the basic values of Keep It Simple Stupd! (KISS)
Many sites today are focusing on high end graphics, advanced java scripts, catchy logos, and other trivial factors. What they don't realize is that it's a win win game if you keep it simple.
1. Content sells! People go to websites for reasons. Either they want information, entertainment, or products. Don't give them stuff they can't use, or things they don't want. Don't sell magazine subscriptions on your car restoration site. Keep it simple stupid!
2. Avoid distracting graphics and crowded ads! If you've ever picked up a newspaper, you'll either see very little ads, or very relevant ads. You'll notice that AdSense doesn't display random ads, it reviews its current page location and displays ads based on it's surround keywords. No one wants to look at ads for car insurance when your selling real estate. No one likes being harrassed by popups, (pop-unders on exit aren't as annoying, but it's up to you) Keep it simple stupid!
3. Stick to the basics! Don't worry about releasing catchy Press Releases or fighting with other sites for links. Avoid wasting your time on silly things like paying for bulk traffic packages, or signing up for Free For All network pages. Provide and get links that your VISITORS will like, not the search engines! The SE's aren't out there for webmasters, they are out there to provide a useful tool for it's users. Do it au natural.
Forums are among the easiest things to get ranked and popular. Why are forums so popular? Because they keep it simple stupid! People want information and discussion, and most forums provide just that.
Learn how I make my money, and trust me, I do.
Learn how I market, and earn over 3200$ a week.
Improve Conversion Rates ? Load Times
Your site is getting traffic, but conversion rates are horrible. Everything seems to be working, so what's wrong? Your site may simply be to slow.
Are You Losing Sales Because of These 4 Simple Website Mistakes?
Losing website sales and traffic is sometimes simply a case of web usablity - your website just isn't clear to your visitors. By fixing these simple mistakes, you'll easily increase your conversion rate and make more online sales.
Tips to Protect Your Downloads or Products
1. Upload robots.txt file in to your root directory and include the folder name where you set your downloads.
HTML Editors 101 - Smaller Is Better
Now You Have a Web Site - Have You Ever Heard of Accessibility?
An accessible Web site is easily approached, easily understood, and useable for all. There are accessibility standards set forth by the World Wide Web Consortium, which all sites should adhere to as much as possible.
Art, Artists, and the Web:Part: 2--First Steps in Building an Artist?s Website
What you should do and know if you are an artist and you have decided to have a website.
How to Get a Knock Out Website!
The first step in setting up an online business...
Why Your Brick-and-Mortar Biz Needs A Website
The internet has taken over our lives with a vengeance, and has changed the way many of us do business. More and more consumers are now doing their shopping online and, unfortunately, some business owners have felt the pinch.
Developing A Login System With PHP And MySQL
Most interactive websites nowadays would require a user to log in into the website's system in order to provide a customized experience for the user. Once the user has logged in, the website will be able to provide a presentation that is tailored to the user's preferences.
Let Your Customers Redesign Your Website!
When you purchase a new item from a Yahoo! Store, you are asked if you'd like to provide feedback on the transaction. About two weeks after the initial purchase, an email from Yahoo! Stores shows up, asking you to provide feedback for the vendor. Whether your experience was good or bad, the opportunity is probably seized more often than not by customers.
Why Local Service Companies Should Have a Website
The Internet is being used by local service business to improve sales today. Sales are improved because a website gives a company more credibility and in some cases generates leads.
Successful Web Development: 10 Key Elements
There are many elements that are key to successful web development. There is no arguing that elements of talent such as graphic design, writing, and technical expertise are important. In the long run, however, it is the elements that are not directly associated with web development that determine a website's success. For the beginner, it is important to have a broader view of success
Is Your Website Innovative? Increase Your Business Over Night!
While studying online for IT investment opportunities, I found that one main factor was constant. All of the biggest money makers have eye-catching, simple, innovative, and the cleanest websites online!
FREE Amber Alert Tickers for Your Website
Project Safekids provides webmasters a valuable tool which could save a child's life. Add our Amber Alert Ticker to your website today.
50 Ways To Use Your Website
A website is the most versatile and cost-effective marketing tool on the market. It is also an investment. After all, you are building a shopfront. In a nutshell, you can use your website to: Enhance your professional image 1. Look professional and as BIG as large corporations. 2. Pre-sell yourself to new clients even before you meet them. 3. Supply a meaningful and intuitive address related to your type of service. It is easier to remember www.marketingcues.com rather than a long ISP email address such as www.yourInternetServiceProvidername.com/~marketingcues. 4. Provide a permanent address with up-to-date contact details and opening hours. You can change Internet Service Provider or move physical premises and your customers will always find you and your marketing efforts are not lost.
5 Tips For A Better Website
Having an eye catching website is great, but are you optimizing your website to allow the best performance possible? I receive several emails a day from clients asking how they can get more hits to their websites, what can be done to increase sales, and how to prepare their sites for search engines. There are very simple things that can be done to help your website perform its best.
Web Content: How Much Should I Pay?
When web content gets discussed on webmaster bulletin boards, the most common question is, "how much should I pay?" That question is both perfectly logical, and perfectly stupid:
Internet Marketing Website Promotion -The 7 Biggest Mistakes I See People Make With Websites!
1. Many people are not getting good or complete advice. Often for example people don't understand all the concepts of Internet Marketing and having a website so they simply pay to have a website developed. Often this website may look good but it falls far short in the area of being "search engine friendly". This is typically because many businesses that deal with the web are very one track focused.
Guide to Internet Business - Website Setup
After planning the design and content of your website, it's time to actually physically set up your website. This is the step where you put all your designs and plans into action, creating a website that will attract visitors and earn income.
Five Reasons You Have to Stop Your Web Site
That's right. Your method, behavior and strategy you are now using to manage your website may be justifiable reasons to stop it as soon as possible.