Top 7 Tips for Building an Antique Car Website
Like wine cars get more attractive to collectors as years pass by. The fact is there are only a finite number of cars made in the world in any model and make. As years pass by only a few of these manage to stay out of the graveyard. These are usually maintained by antique car enthusiasts. Then there is the collector who collects them for their value and sometimes as an investment. After the advent of Internet a lot of self made millionaires and billionaires are out there. These folk consider owning the antiques as prestigious. The current day business folks clearly understand the opportunity that is lying before them. This article provides 7 tips for launching a great antique car website.
1. Create a classic car classified advertisement section: Unless your visitors have something new each day that is interesting they are less likely to comeback to your web site. Unlike other websites classified ads section is very attractive as many of the "who has which vintage beauty" information is off limits to an average Joe and the classified section gives information on what is up for grabs. These folks have mounds of cash and ready to grab on the first opportunity to get one of the Vintage cars. The sellers also understand the value of this website as they are publishing directly to the right folks. They always want the car to be in safe hands so they would prefer a collector rather than some XYZ car buyer.
2. Photo Gallery: People like to show of their priced collection and the Internet provides an anonymous way of getting bragging rights from a wider audience. Traffic for sites with photo gallery is 20% more than others. The photo gallery also provides the collectors a way to look at what others have and increases appetite to buy.
3. Classic Car parts store: We have seen many of the sites miss on this important opportunity to make good money. There are tons of places you can sign up for just dropshipping these parts. This is also a niche market with less competition. The extra money can be useful to add in more content to your website.
4. Articles and general content: Historical articles and reviews of vintage cars are killer traffic pullers. These help you optimize on a per car name keyword basis. The content should also be geared towards promoting avid collectors and their priced collection.
5. Forum and chat: These are interactive content that engage the folks and provide stickiness to your website. Always have a good moderator who can start out some controversial topics now and then and in cases of a flame war should be capable of subsiding the furry without alienating the user from the web site. Host an expert chat session every weekend with some expert collector or someone else in the industry and this usually attracts more loyal visitors.
6. Latest Sale information: This is where your web site can show your commitment to the niche industry. You should have the right sources to maintain an accurate list of latest sale. This helps you create an historical data for your website plus allows your members to know the value of the good old iron they have in their garage.
7. Don't forget the dealers: Create a small section for dealers to send more visitors. Encourage sharing of collector's information. You may also have a classified section for these folks. Create revenue opportunity for the dealers. These folks have the contacts which will be useful for you and your website members.
There are a few more but these are the top 7 that makes your antique car website excel.
Building a Web Site Requires the Right Software to Eliminate Headaches and Keep Money in Your Pocket
When most people build a web site, they think one simple thing. "If I build it, they will come". How further from the truth this is.
Build a Strong Foundation for Creating Your First Online Identity ? Notes for Beginners
If you are looking for creating your online presence you should follow some of the basic requirements so that your new website will have a strong foundation. Today internet is a growing media which can provide you maximum results, which no other media can do for you. If you think on right direction and take your action step by step, it is almost certain that your site will have a strong online presence and reach to the maximum of you potential clients.
Web Analytics - Getting it Right
Understanding and using web analytics.
So You Want To Have A Website
So you want to have a website. You have gone on to the internet and surfed but you have no idea what developing a website involves.
How To Get Your Customers To Trust Your Website
Research reveals three important facts:
How To Write More Powerful Online Text
Although there are significant differences among the various types of online communication, there all have one critical thing in common - they're read off a screen. There are substantial benefits, too, in that while your message is on someone's screen usually it has their undivided attention. You are genuinely "one-to-one" with them and that's something you must respect - you are literally "in their face" and encroaching on very personal territory. The bad news about online communications is that your message can be "disappeared" faster from a screen than with any other medium.
Beyond Web Usability: Web Credibility
If you've been developing websites on Mars for the past few years then you'll be forgiven for not knowing about web usability. You'll still be creating splash intro pages, having pages with massive download times and using more images than you can shake a stick at. Well, back in Earth these days have long gone and today web usability rules the web development world. For those of you who have been on Mars please read some of the things that Jakob Nielson has to say at http://www.useit.com/alertbox and try to catch up.
10 Tips For A Successful Website
Have you ever thought the secret behind the success of most of the famous sites. Do you ask yourself these questions. Why do they get so many clicks?Why they are making so much money and i am not?Why only few web sites succeed and most of others fail?Just stop questioning and start reading.
Make Your Web Site Stand Out
When visitors add your web site to their Favorites or bookmark your site, what shows up in their list of sites? There are at least two things you can do to make sure your site stands out on anyone's list of Favorites, including a great idea that very few sites use. If you have a webmaster, he or she should be able to make these changes quickly, and those who maintain their own sites can easily handle these simple tasks.
4 Steps to Selling More With Your Web Site
Most web sites are more like stage sets than real buildings; they make a good impression and they look substantial at first, but when you open a door, you end up back stage in the dark. They don't generate large numbers of leads, help build relationships with prospects or generate the desired volume of sales.
Benefits Of An Accessible Website: Part 1 - Increase In Reach
The DDA (Disability Discrimination Act) states that service providers must not discriminate against disabled people. A website is regarded as a service and therefore falls under this law, and as such must be made accessible to everyone.
12 Tips To Great Websites
Why do some sites succeed while the vast majority of others fail? More and more website owners are asking themselves these questions. The answers are often more obvious than you may think. Below are 12 tips for better, more successful web sites.
Whats Your Business Online Attitude?
This article was prompted by some customer support work I was involved in for a private members site. One of the paid subscription members wanted someone to look over his website and give an opinion of what we thought of its design.
The Web: Your Window of Opportunity
Thinking about starting up a business? The web is the way to go. Look around! More and more, people are relying on the internet as an information resource, a way to foster personal relationships, and method of purchasing goods and services.
You Need To Treat Your Website Like An Employee - Heres 5 Ways To Do It
People often come to me in a state of crisis and say their website isn't working. Usually they're in a cold sweat:
Link Trades That Waste Your Time
Never has competition been so difficult in the Internet world. Google and Yahoo keep indexing more and more pages, into the millions upon millions, and yet more and more people are creating super quickie links pages that are supposed to get other webmasters to want to trade links with them.
Website Imperatives and Solutions
When you take a look at the most visited sites on the internet, what hits you in the face? Change, growth, new content. In a sense, a search engine is the perfect web site. By it's very nature, it grows and changes continuously and moment by moment adds new content. But, most of us are never going to build a Yahoo or a Google. The competition at that level is horrific.
Make Your Artist Website Sell!
A Beginners Guide to Server Side Includes
An Introduction to Server Side Includes
Website Survival Guide
In the big, wide online world there are millions of websites and billions of webpages. In the increasing sprawl of this virtual jungle there must be an evolution. Some of these webpages must grow stronger and thrive whilst others will weaken and die.