7 Reasons Why Your Small Business Needs A Web Site
Many small businesses have the misconception that their business can not benefit from a website; that websites are too expensive or that because they don't use a computer neither do their potential clients. Here are 7 reasons why your small business NEEDS a website:
1. A web site lends credibility to your small business. Consumers expect businesses to have a web site and more and more consumers are turning to the internet to research a business service or product before purchasing. If you don't have a web site you could be losing out to the competition. Even if you operate your business out of your home, a web site can help give your business a professional image.
2. Web sites are a cost effective venue for promoting your business. Many small business owners are afraid that web sites cost too much money. This is just not true ? a professionally designed web site can cost less than $100/ month. Considering you have the opportunity to reach millions of potential customers this is a cost effective method to reach your target market.
3. Web sites allow businesses to update information about their products and services quickly and easily and a web site is an effect way to communicate your schedules, events, promotions, and product and service support to your customers. It is easy to direct clients to your web site for frequently requested information like directions, payment terms or product support. Brochures, flyers and other print advertising can easily become outdated, but your web site can always carry your most up-to date information.
4. Web sites are open 24/7 365 days a year. Your customers (or potential customers) can learn about your products and services at their leisure. With the busy lifestyles most people lead, the convenience of a web site is a huge selling point when making purchase decisions.
5. Your web site (eCommerce) can act as a second location to sell your products/services. If you are a retailer, a web site gives you the opportunity to sell your products and in some cases your services to a GLOBAL market. Sometimes businesses think that their products or services won't sell online but remember people are buying cars and even houses online!
6. A Web site allows your business to showcase your work. Include image gallery or portfolio or even include testimonials about your work. Regardless what your business does you can demonstrate what makes your business special.
7. Use your web site as a tool to share information with your clients through value added services. Perhaps you own a landscape company; you can provide value added information such as bulb planting tips, or environmentally friendly ways to deal with pests.
� 2004-2005 Tanya Beaudoin o/a Office on Demand, All rights reserved. You are free to use this article in its entirety, as long as you include complete attribution, including live web site link. Please also notify Mrs. Beaudoin as to where the material will appear. The attribution should read: "Tanya Beaudoin, B.A. is a virtual assistant who specializes in e-solutions (including graphic and and web site design) and administrative support for small businesses and non-profit organizations.
Please visit Tanya's web site at http://www.officeondemand.ca for additional business related articles"
Web Designer? You Dont Need No Stinkin Web Designer!
RIVERSIDE, CA August 4, 2004 ?- "Historically, small business owners have had a limited number of options to choose from when it comes to the development of an on-line presence," says Pat Spinelli, owner of The Web Site Tutor, a Riverside, California 1. web site design and training firm.
Link Trades That Waste Your Time
Never has competition been so difficult in the Internet world. Google and Yahoo keep indexing more and more pages, into the millions upon millions, and yet more and more people are creating super quickie links pages that are supposed to get other webmasters to want to trade links with them.
Using Psychology Easily on Your Website to Make More Sales!
Psychology is a long word which everyone thinks, "no, that's not for me, it'll be too difficult". Apart from being lazy, anyone who thinks this is wrong. Applying psychology on your website is easy and extremely effective. Also, the fact that most webmasters take the lazy view of applying psychology gives you the edge over your competition.
Autoresponders Make You Look Like A Pro
People like to get immediate responses to requests. Autoresponders are great for letting people know you are on the job and that their requests are being taken care of. These are much better than thank you pages.
Let Your Customers Redesign Your Website!
When you purchase a new item from a Yahoo! Store, you are asked if you'd like to provide feedback on the transaction. About two weeks after the initial purchase, an email from Yahoo! Stores shows up, asking you to provide feedback for the vendor. Whether your experience was good or bad, the opportunity is probably seized more often than not by customers.
Eight Deadly Web Site Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
Creating and maintaining an effective presence on the Web has become increasingly complex and challenging as the power of the Internet as a marketing tool becomes more and more necessary to entrepreneurs and emerging businesses.
Six Basic Reasons Why Visitors Stay On Your Web Site
1. The first page appears quickly.
Functions and Subroutines in ASP
If you read our Tutorial on Include Files (SSI) then you learned how to encapsulate ASP code within include files and the benefits it brings us. As developers, we should endeavour to make our lives easier wherever possible... no one wants to re-invent the wheel after all. Functions and Subroutines exist to not only save us time, but to bring power to our ASP. They are just another way of encapsulating code, but have a lot more functionality than just 'saving some code for later'. First, let's look at Functions... Imagine a balloon salesman in the street. We've all seen them they require one piece of information when you buy a balloon, the colour. Let say we asked for a red balloon... The balloon salesman armed with this 'information' then does a pretty basic action... he hands you the balloon. The balloon you received is a direct result of the information you gave the balloon seller. Functions are just the same... they return to you a value based on the information you provided. Lets look at an example Function: - <% Function getBalloon(strColour) Dim Tempstr strColour = lcase(strColour) 'This converts the value lowercase. Select Case strColour Case "red" Tempstr = "Here is your red balloon" Case "yellow" Tempstr = "Here is your yellow balloon" Case "green" Tempstr = "Here is your green balloon" Case "blue" Tempstr = "Here is your blue balloon" Case Else Tempstr = "Sorry, we have sold out of that Colour" End Select getBalloon = Tempstr End Function%>
How Your Own Website Helps Your Small Business Grow
What do you mean, you don't have a website for your small business? Now that the Internet age is well and truly upon us, small business owners who haven't yet realised what a well-designed website could do for their business are getting harder and harder to find. If you're one of them, though, read on to find out how starting your own website could help your small business grow.
You Cant Just Build A Website And Hope It Works!
Like any area of business your website needs some effort from you if its going to be successful. You'd be foolish to just build any old website and hope it works. Yet this approach, or rather lack of approach, is still widespread on the internet. Businesses still dont seem to understand what the internet can do to benefit them and their customers. They just dont get it.
The Number 1 Reason Most Websites Fail
Failure, just like success, is measured differently by each and every one of us. What one man treats as success another may view as failure. For the purposes of this article a website that fails is one that fails to attract and convert enough targeted visitors into paying customers.
CPanel Fantastico - Features and Benefits
Fantastico is a 3rd-party cPanel add-on and can be purchased and added to the standard cPanel interface. Fantastico allows you to quickly install a variety of open-source scripts. By selecting a script and providing some basic information for each, you can install a script within minutes. Fantastico is designed so that the script you install is always the newest available.
Setting Up A CGI Script On Your Web Site
Before you set up any scripts you will need some information about your server. You can get this by e-mailing your web hosting provider. It's good to have these on hand before you try to set up a script. You may not need all of the information for each script, but some of the larger scripts demand more information to work. The information you may need is:
Your Website Should Be Selling
It may come as some surprise to a traditionally off-line business that their website should be attracting new sales, or at least supporting the sales they have made. There is a common misconception that a website is more of a cost than an asset. When I ask companies why they would like a website the common answer is, "I don't know?" It seems to me that having a website is more of a reflex than something that is planned to help grow sales for the company. In other words, "Every business has one, I should too."
Revealing the Firefox Secret Used by Top Web Developers and Power-Browsers
Profiles are one of the best kept secrets around regarding Mozilla Firefox (my browser of choice).
Streamline your Business Website with a Content Management System
I talk with so many people who have small businesses and would like to have a web presence but don't know the first thing about how to even get started. Some of the reasons I hear are:
How Improving Your Sites Usability Can Increase Your Buyers by 40% and Boost Each Order By 10%!
With all of the factors involved in designing and building a web site, one of the most influential questions is often overlooked:
Is Your Website Innovative? Increase Your Business Over Night!
While studying online for IT investment opportunities, I found that one main factor was constant. All of the biggest money makers have eye-catching, simple, innovative, and the cleanest websites online!
Five Steps to Create Your Software Product with Outsourcing
Many executives and investors are skeptical that software products can be developed using outsourcing. Even more skepticism is expressed at the idea of outsourcing version 1.0 of a product. Yet Accelerance clients are using outsourcing to create their products right now. What is the secret to using outsourcing to successfully develop a software product?
WYSIWYG Versus Coding: HTML With A Purpose
After years of working with entrepreneurs who developed their first web site using an image-based editor, the new world of internet marketing has placed a stronger emphasis on web development that conforms to technical concerns such as search engine optimization and multi-browser compatibility.